We offer an extensive family program to assist in treating families during the recovery process. Families are asked to participate in our individualized Family Program specifically designed to facilitate the family recovery process and the needs of each individual family and their student. Families are encouraged to be participants in their own recovery from the devastation that addiction has caused them and other loved ones.
Our Residential Family Program is available to immediate family members over the age of 13. Participants are involved in a structured program which includes educational presentations concerning the disease of alcoholism; support and understanding gained in small group discussion; individual conference time designed to address personal issues; and an introduction to Al-Anon family groups which are recommended for continuing support. We strongly encourage families to participate in the family program.
The fee for Family Program is $380 a day per person or $532 per couple. This includes all sessions, meals, and accommodations during your stay. The Family Program staff will be happy to speak with you about your participation and help arrange the details for your stay.
Family education and support is provided for immediate family members during Sunday visits throughout the stay of your student.
Our Family Program was developed to:
- Encourage family members to learn more about addiction
- Teach family members to put objective thought between their natural well-intended impulses and truly appropriate action, in order to restore collapsed households and regain healthy structure.
- Teach family members to practice consistency and to avoid making threats and promises
- Encourage family members to include a "higher power" in their own lives
- Encourage family members to attend Al-Anon meetings regularly
- Help family members generally act in ways that will encourage the successful recovery process