After completing a treatment program and making a strong attempt to recover from alcohol or substance addiction, it can be both easy and heartbreaking to fall into old habits and relapse. Without the proper continued support and longer-lasting treatment, there may not be a strong enough foundation to build on to fight relapse.
At Alina Lodge, our individualized and comprehensive approach to long-term care allows our students to feel more fulfillment in their recovery and less difficulty dealing with relapse. If you or a loved one are experiencing difficulty maintaining sobriety or you’re noticing the first signs of addiction, the time to act is now. Our Alina Lodge team is ready with a wide range of addiction treatment options in Blairstown, New Jersey, including our sober living homes and chronic relapse treatment.
The Chronic Nature of Addiction
As we learn more and more about addiction and the toll it can take on people’s lives, we understand that it’s not a disorder that is caused by any one thing in particular. Rather, addiction may be caused by a set of environmental and genetic factors that contribute to the likelihood of any individual becoming addicted to a substance and later relapse. While each person’s story is unique, risk factors of relapse can be mitigated. Some of these risk factors include:
- Genetic risk factors may not be within our control, but knowing if there is a family history of addiction can help inform us to be more mindful of our environment, as well as help to decrease stigma around the issue.
- A history of child abuse or neglect often plays into addictive tendencies and self-medicating with drugs or alcohol to escape overwhelming situations.
- A dual diagnosis of addiction along with depression, PTSD, anxiety, bipolar, ED, or others may strongly affect one’s ability to maintain recovery.
- Family, relationship, or professional conflict can feed into addiction and push people over the line from moderate recreational use into addiction.
Benefits of Long-Term Care in Relapse Prevention
Although maintaining recovery can feel like a daunting task, it’s important to consider that long-term treatment programs and services are designed to provide long-term support. Keep in mind that those who have found the most success in recovery and sobriety have done so with the help of others.
Knowing who you should reach out to can be difficult, but Alina Lodge stands out from other centers in that our programs and services are uniquely inclusive, offering continual care throughout the stages of addiction recovery. We have a long and proud history of alumni, and over the years, we have expanded our therapy programs for chronic relapse treatment. Some of these therapy programs include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Group therapy
- Family therapy
- Mindfulness-based relapse prevention (MBRP) therapy
Because of the wide range of therapy programs, our Alina Lodge team is able to personalize treatment plans to fit the individual needs of each person in our care.
Our multidisciplinary team at Alina Lodge can offer a rich, flexible, and compassionate journey towards recovery and relapse prevention. Treating each individual condition separately can take a lot of extra time, money and cost a lot of extra heartaches. Getting long-term care that is comprehensive allows access to more tools that can be used in maintaining sobriety.
Invest in Your Future with Chronic Relapse Treatment at Alina Lodge
One of the key points to remember about recovery is that relapse is not a defeat. It is an opportunity to refocus on the recovery journey. However, chronic relapse treatment at Alina Lodge may prevent a relapse from happening. If you would like more information about Alina Lodge, contact our team today by calling 833.685.1700 or completing our online form. Our team is ready to help you.