Getting sober can be tough. It can be difficult to part with people or places that have been associated with substance abuse. However, these can all be triggers, which are factors in daily life that might spark the urge to drink or use a drug of choice. However, knowing one’s own triggers isn’t always easy, and it can take time and commitment to learn what they are and how to cope with them or avoid them altogether.
Alina Lodge in Blairstown, NJ, offers long-term support to all of our students, including those who have substance use disorders, dual diagnoses, and mental health crises. We are here to help each student find their way towards recovery and healing with our sober living program. If you or a loved one is ready to get sober, our team is available for support. Complete our online contact form or call us at 833.685.1700 today.
Tips for Getting Sober
Achieving sobriety and maintaining it are not simple, straightforward tasks, as much as it would be great if recovery were simple and easy. However, sobriety can be made easier with the right mindset, tools, and support from the right people. Whether you or a loved one are struggling in isolation or already making progress with a treatment plan, some tips for getting sober can help.
Some of these tips include:
- Maintain a strong support network of friends, family, and healthcare professionals. Work together with others to figure out what can work for you.
- One of the best tips for getting sober is to allow others to help, even if their approach might not make sense to you at first. Trying new things can feel awkward at first, but will pay off in new, healthier habits.
- Keep track of your own habits and behaviors. Write about them in a journal, and share them with your trusted friends and family. This can help boost confidence when things are going well, and help with the early detection of an issue.
- Find out what your triggers may be, and communicate them to those close to you. Learn how you can avoid triggers, and how to handle situations with unexpected triggers.
- Think of ways to use the skills and coping tools learned in therapy in normal life. Fitting new habits into a daily routine can help.
Sobriety can be made much easier when you take it one day at a time. Some days will be easier than others, but you can rest assured that you won’t be alone with a supportive team on your side. Alina Lodge’s caring and discreet professionals are here to join you and your family in recovery and staying sober.
Sober Living at Alina Lodge
Recovery can’t be rushed, and that’s why long-term programs and therapies have proven to be so effective in supporting long-lasting recovery and healing. At Alina Lodge, our comprehensive approach to addiction recovery allows our students to take the time they need to find what works best for them. Once a student graduates, we are proud to continue celebrating their successes and milestones in the years that follow.
Our students can take advantage of services for sober living, such as:
- Residential treatment programs and sober living facilities for a safe, comfortable environment
- Alumni program for graduates and their families, with annual events and celebrations
- Continued access to therapies and counseling
- Support groups for continued connection with sober peers
Aftercare can be one of the most crucial parts of recovery. During this time, students can start to spread their wings a bit more and practice what they have learned. It can also be more difficult to avoid triggers and relapse without extra support, but Alina Lodge’s understanding and compassionate team can help.
Learn More Tips for Staying Sober with Support from Alina Lodge
If you or a loved one are going through recovery and you’re not sure what kind of support is needed, that’s okay. At Alina Lodge, our staff is happy to answer questions and help guide those in need towards recovery. The sooner recovery is made a priority, the easier it can be made. Take the time today to complete our online form or call us at 833.685.1700.