As you progress through addiction recovery, you may be wondering what life after rehab will be like. You’ll go back to your daily routine, but will you have the strength not to use? How will you deal with intense relationships and overwhelming stress again? As you think about these questions, remember that Alina Lodge is here to help you learn and heal, so you don’t have to struggle when you head back home. Our rehab alumni program can be a vital resource as you transition from treatment into your life in recovery.
What Happens to You in Life After Rehab?
For some, it seems easy enough to pack up and move back in with family and restart your life right where you left off. However, nearly all people who are in recovery need to make some changes in their day-to-day schedule. One key component of the work you’ll do in addiction treatment is to address your specific addiction causes and resolve them as much as possible. When you heal your emotional wounds, you set yourself up for sustained success in recovery.
Once you complete addiction treatment at Alina Lodge, we’ll help you get back on your feet. For some people, this means staying in our sober living home, which is a place where you can develop new life skills, get help getting a job, and start rebuilding your life in a safe, drug-free environment. There is a lot of support there, and that support is going to help you maintain recovery.
Overcoming Your Challenges in Life After Rehab
What could limit your success in addiction recovery? It’s a question you’ll be asked during your treatment. The goal is not to criticize what you do or do not have but to create a plan for overcoming these challenges. Some challenges that you may face in life after rehab include:
- Close family relationships may be damaged due to addiction. Working to repair these relationships during treatment can help you after treatment.
- Exposure to drugs and alcohol may be a concern. If going home isn’t going to ensure a drug-free environment, a sober living home may be necessary.
- Some people cannot go back to work, school, or previous living arrangements. Our team works to provide you with life skills training and mentorship to support your recovery.
- You may have a new set of mental health needs. It’s going to be essential that you follow through on your treatment, including medication and therapy, long term.
- You’ll need to know how to say no to friends and family who may put you at risk of relapse. Developing strategies for avoiding these “triggers” is another way our team will help you.
Your experience at Alina Lodge will make a significant difference in your long-term recovery. Our treatment team doesn’t leave you until you feel confident about your sobriety. It’s one of our strongest beliefs.
How to Start on the Road to Life After Rehab
If you are not in addiction recovery yet, let our Alina Lodge team help you get the resources and encouragement that you need. With a comprehensive level of support and guidance to offer to you, we are ready to help. Your first step is to reach out to us. Let us help you start on the path towards recovery through treatment programs such as:
- Drug and alcohol detox center
- Long-term treatment programs
- Men’s rehab programs
- Women’s rehab programs
- Dual diagnosis treatment programs
- Haley House sober living
Treatment starts with getting sober. It doesn’t end until you’re building the life you desire in addiction recovery. The road can be challenging, but it can also be successful.
Embrace Treatment at Alina Lodge Today
Life after rehab could mean many things to you. Once you work through addiction treatment, you’ll enter a new phase of your life where you’ll have a fresh perspective. After you complete your recovery at Alina Lodge, remember that we’re still here for you. To learn more about how we can help, call 833.685.1700 or connect with us online.