When you decide to give up drugs and alcohol, it can be a difficult decision. That’s why Alina Lodge in New Jersey offers comprehensive detox programs personalized to your needs. Once you have dedicated yourself to recovery, our admissions team can help you get a professional evaluation so that you receive the care you need for mental health and addiction disorders. If you require a detox program, our Alina Lodge team will help you go through this process as safely and comfortably as possible.
What Is Detox?
Detoxification is essential for long-term recovery. During addiction, your mind and body become dependent on drugs or alcohol. If you try to quit an addiction suddenly, painful and dangerous withdrawal symptoms can result. In order to safely navigate through withdrawal symptoms, you need medical and therapeutic assistance from a team of professionals, like the team at Alina Lodge.
As you experience withdrawal symptoms, we ensure that you are comfortable and remain in good physical health. Everyone has their own unique reactions to withdrawal. However, our Alina Lodge team has helped many clients get through detoxification and learn to deal with their withdrawal symptoms. Let us create a personalized plan for your first steps to recovery.
Stages of Detox
At Alina Lodge, we typically observe three stages of detox, which are:
- Evaluation – Our medical and therapeutic staff are trained to evaluate each client and get to know their history. If you already have signs of withdrawal, we will take care of your immediate needs and ease your symptoms. You also receive a personalized program designed to meet your needs. Further, we update the program as you rid your body of the toxins of alcohol and drugs.
- Stabilization – To ensure your health and wellness, our medical team constantly checks your vitals and neurological signs. This alerts us to any life-threatening symptoms such as seizures, delirium, hallucinations, and high blood pressure. Depending on the severity of your addiction and withdrawal symptoms, detox can last as long as three weeks.
- Transition – At Alina Lodge, we believe in a continuum of care. That means that as soon as you complete your detox program, we work on a transition plan. Many clients also attend our addiction recovery programs before returning home. In an addiction recovery program, you acquire the tools you need to deal with negative thoughts and feelings in healthy ways. You also participate in individual and group therapy to receive inspiration and support for your ongoing recovery efforts.
Post-Acute Withdrawal Syndrome
During your detox program at Alina Lodge, your brain chemicals fight to reach equilibrium, and you may experience post-acute withdrawal symptoms (PAWS). These symptoms often come a few weeks into your detox program as your body transitions out of acute withdrawal symptoms. Individual symptoms vary based on drug or alcohol addiction and body chemistry.
These symptoms may include:
- Difficulty with cognitive tasks
- Apathy or pessimism
- Depressed mood
- Difficulty maintaining social relationships
- Obsessive-compulsive behaviors
- Increased sensitivity to stress
- Craving for drugs or alcohol
Post-acute withdrawal symptoms catch many clients off guard. After all, you’ve already gone through the initial phase of acute withdrawal symptoms and begun to feel yourself once again. Our experienced Alina Lodge staff members are committed to keeping you safe and comfortable throughout the detox process. You may feel vulnerable as you experience the second wave of withdrawal symptoms, but you aren’t alone.
Let Us Safely Guide You Through the Stages of Detox
The staff at Alina Lodge is here to help you through all stages of detox. From our detox program to addiction recovery to supportive alumni programs, we are here for you every step of the way. Give yourself the gift of a healthy lifestyle by calling us at 833.685.1700 or completing our confidential online form to enroll in our effective detox center.